Monday, May 2, 2011

On My Mind . . .

Be Still My Soul

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
 

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord.
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

4 comments:

  1. Love this song! So peaceful and comforting.

    Marli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful- it brought tears to my eyes. <3 Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, this is so very beautiful, comforting, soothing, focusing. You have a wonderful gift for photography and camera work. Thank you for using it for such an uplifting purpose and for sharing it with all of us that need that comfort and encouragement. I love you.
    ~m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia - first time to visit here - found you through Journey with Joy and caught the title of your post. This has been my 'theme song' lately - probably because husband and I have been concentrating on the discipline of silence/solitude. The post is beautiful - thanks for sharing. ... blessings!

    ReplyDelete