Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's been a while...

Hi. 

I'm Julia.

Nice to meet you. :)

I know... it's been a long time since I've posted anything. 

I think I'd like to write more, though. Sometimes - especially lately - it just feels like I have so much to think and say that it overwhelms me... I don't know where to start so I just say nothing. Ever feel like that? Well, I'm pretty sure that writing is good for me and I know I miss it. So I'm just jumping in! Sorry that this isn't going to be some great, deep, thought-out post. I always feel like I should put a lot of effort into things that I'm going to publish for the whole world to see; like I should do research and study something out and not waste people's time with meaningless ramblings. But ya know... I think I need to loosen up a little bit. No one is being forced to read my blog, and I enjoy reading things from people I love. I like hearing those little stories about folks. I love hearing a story that helps me get to know someone - whether there's a deep moral to the story or not. So... maybe I'll jump in and do a little more personal blogging about everyday things instead of waiting till I get an epiphany or some sort. :)

As a side note, I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying about a certain subject that I think really needs addressed. At first I was going to write a single article, and then I thought about doing a series, and then I thought about doing a vlog series about it. It may end up being a combination. It's something that's been heavy on my heart for quite a while now, and I'd appreciate it if you'd pray for me that I can find the right words and do only good and no harm!

So...  Tennessee is lovely. School is great. Life is wonderful... isn't it? God blesses us so much... in huge ways and in small ways - all of which are grand! I love noticing the little things especially. Don't get me wrong... I fall down on my knees before Him oh-so-thankful for the Big things. 

Salvation from my sins.
A relationship with Him.
Hope.

Without these, life would be meaningless.

But because of those Big things, even the little things are all the sweeter.

The way the sunshine just kisses the tops of the trees and glints on the leaves early in the morning.
Swirls of steam rising from good food cooking on the stove.
The intoxicating smell of rain.
Lee coming up from behind and hugging me while I'm doing dishes in the kitchen.

The little curls of soap when you grate it for laundry detergent

A little rose plant for my kitchen windowsill from my sweet hubby.

Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow!

It's a beautiful life. 
:)

3 comments:

  1. :) Good to see a post and love the soap picture! You're right, it is a beautiful life. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, a post? Makes my day to see one from you! You're right - it is a beautiful life, and we always need to remember to appreciate the Big things and the small. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have always been an inspiration and blessing to me, despite having had so little time around you and your family. I am thankful every time I remember you.

    ~ Savannah Sword

    ReplyDelete