Saturday, February 12, 2011

ETSOPM and other stuff =)

As of late, Lee and I have been in the process of raising support for preaching school. Back when we were engaged, we decided to go to East Tennessee School of Preaching and Missions (James 4:14-15), and we're scheduled to start classes this-coming August. I'm really excited about it, and I think it's going to be a wonderful opportunity for lots and lots of learning! We've been sending out packets to congregations, requesting their consideration.


We've had a few people agree to support us so far, and next weekend we're scheduled to go visit with a congregation in Tennessee that is considering supporting us, so we're excited about that, too. Some dear friends work with this congregation, and we get to stay with them while we're there, so that's doubly good. :)

We're very, very thankful for the individuals who have agreed to support us as they can, and we trust that eventually we will raise enough to be able to be sustained through the two years we'll be in school. :) If anyone knows of a congregation that would be interested in supporting a really talented young preacher who has a great love for the Lord and desires to improve his Bible knowledge (and happens to be really handsome and a great husband, too:), feel free to let us know and we'll send a packet! :)

"Thank Yo" Haha... it does actually say "You" under there... I promise.

And now, just cause I love you... here are some pictures I've taken recently of really random stuff.

Lee and I have been reading a chapter of the Bible every meal together. It's been great! It helps us remember that man shall not live by bread alone. :)
Our fireplace has been keeping us nice and toasty throughout the cold weather we had!
"Logs to burn, logs to burn, logs to save the coal a turn..."
I would like to introduce Meatloaf and Hamburger... Aren't they cute in a meaty kind of way?
They're being fattened up.
That's ok, Meatloaf, I wasn't planning on eating that tongue anyway...
Our post-office after the "big storm" :)
My "Through the Bible in 90 Days" is going really great! I've really been enjoying it, and I'm actually ahead of schedule, which makes me happy! Especially since I fell behind by about 4 days early on.

Ah, pretty snow. It's almost always windy in Oklahoma, but on this one morning, it was beautiful and calm and huge flakes were just floating down out of the sky. Just lovely. 
Laundry... it seemed photogenic to me. And I was just taking pictures of my everyday tasks. :)
Do you see that?! It's dripping! That means it's getting warmer. :) Lee and I went on a walk yesterday and I wore FLIP-FLOPS! It was only around 55 degrees or something like that, but it felt like a heat wave. I loved it. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day of worshiping our Creator tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Ooo, what lovely pictures! :) Poor Meatloaf and Hamburger. They have no idea what's coming to them. I switched to doing "90 days through the Bible", too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jewels! I posted a comment earlier, but for some reason it's not here. Don't know what I did, if anything. Anywho, thanks for posting the pics! Lovely as usual. Glad things are starting to move along a bit as far as your support. We'll pray for more responses. God will provide. <3 u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I'm glad your support is starting to work out. And I love the pictures! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for you both that all of the needed support will come in. We hope to send at least a one time donation soon. Your pictures are beautiful! You have a lovely eye for photography. I love you sweet girl!
    Love,
    Mrs. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. many blessings hoped for you both as you begin this new journey....what a lovely couple you make.
    looking forward to meeting that hubbie of yours and seeing you again.

    great photos....keep em comin'
    :)

    chas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your pictures. You did great, as usual. We will be praying for you and Lee as you continue to look for support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! {I know I'm late in commenting!} And I really love the idea of reading a chapter at dinner every day. That is a great idea. Carl and I pray together after we put Benjamin to bed and it has helped us grow even closer to each other and to God!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these pictures!!! just found your blog and I LOVE IT!!! what a beautiful place in which you share your journey!!
    happy to be a new follower :)
    kristen
    threeinthenest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete