Monday, November 29, 2010

Lately... ish

Every time I get on here to write a post these days, I seem to end up re-doing the look of my blog instead of actually writing. Well... I need to just quit that and do some writing! So to get me started, I thought I'd just do a little "highlights of the last month +" post. It's been a good month! I certainly have much to be grateful for!

The OSU campus is beautiful!
 Lee took me to my first college football game and I had a blast! OSU is Lee's Alma Mater, so when he got a chance to buy some cheap tickets from someone who wasn't able to go, he jumped at the chance... and I'm so glad he did! The seats we had were uh-ma-zing. No, seriously. We were in the second row, right at the 25 yard line. Spectacular.

This picture was taken with my point and shoot camera... barely zoomed in at all. That's how close we were. :)
Gorgeous buildings!

Go Cowboys! Yeah... we won. :)


We spent a week watching 5 kids, ages 6 to 18, while their parents went off into the wilderness to get away for a while. They're members of the church at Rush Springs, and it was a great opportunity to help them out and get to know them better. It was a tough week, but we had fun, too. We're glad we did it, and we definitely made friends with the kids. The littles still all come up and hug us whenever we see them at Bible class. :)

Johnny
Allex
Skyler
Cody, Johnny, Allex and Skyler... I didn't get a picture of the oldest, Allene.

I've still been watching my cute little nephew, Daniel, two days a week. We have fun. :) Right now he's really into bands... marching bands, to be specific. So I made him a little drum and he likes to beat his way around the yard. :) Usually he gives me a stick to play like a flute and he likes to be the drum major!


"C'mon, Aunt Julia... dig in the dirt!" - I hear that every time. :)


We had some beautiful fall colors for a week or two. Now pretty much all the leaves have fallen and everything is pretty brown and gray since we've been having frosts at night. The colors were nice while they lasted, though! Now it's time to put up some twinkle lights to liven things up around the house! :)


Three of my cousins got to come down from Freed and spend Thanksgiving break with us, so that was fun! We haven't been able to spend that much time together in one chunk for probably about 6 years, so it was really nice to just chill out and visit! Thanksgiving was a wonderful day... I cooked all morning, then we all went over to Lee's parents' house and met with them and Lee's sister and her family. Everyone pitched in with the cooking and we had a feast! Everything was really good and it was so nice to all be together. We truly are blessed! Aaand I have no idea how, but I only got one picture of BreAnn... maybe it has to do with the shameful fact that I only got my camera out twice the whole time they were here - and very briefly. Hmph. Yeah. The only evidence I have that she was here is a video she had to do for a speech class that she ended up not being able to use. Would she kill me if I posted it? Nah... I don't think she even reads my blog, so we're probably safe. ;) Yeah... and... she doesn't do her hair like that all the time. She was getting "in character" for the video... hahaha. Yes, our signs are backwards. Yes, the Methodist church building's music is going in the background. And yes, I find this blooper video very funny.... hehehe.




Rachel... being my model for a nice fall pic.

Monique has always had the coolest eyes. :)



It was fun. I'm really glad they came.


Next month, Lee and I are going to take a quick trip to California to visit family. I'm really looking forward to it and happy that my extended family will have a chance to get to know my sweet hubby. :)

So... I think that's pretty much all the news for now. I need to go do some more laundry and vacuum the house and decide what's for supper. :)

Life Is Good.
Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints,
and give thanks to his holy name.
Psalm 30:4


5 comments:

  1. I) I love the new blog look!
    II) I love the update blog...I'm so glad things are going well and you have had such a wonderful fall. You'll be in my prayers as you travel!
    III) I love your photos. A lot.
    IV) And lastly, I love you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second all of Lydia's points! Beautiful blog, and it was so nice to get to read about what you and Lee have been up to. I love you sweetie. I miss you and I am always, always thankful for you.
    Love, me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Julia! I always enjoy reading your blog. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you did a post! :) I love all your pictures, and Daniel is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to read your post and see some pics. Love your new design, especially the pen on the side. Very appropriate for you. :)

    ReplyDelete