Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Breathing Deep

Two days, seven and a half hours.

Things are really going ridiculously smoothly.

I know there will always be those last minute things; the ones that slip your mind and then sneak up and getcha.

But I'm not really worried about that stuff.

I'm not really stressed... I'm mostly just tired. Why is it that the times you need sleep the most, your brain won't shut up and your body won't be still? I'm also not good at being the center of attention. It's not my comfort zone. And I'm ready to let someone else be in charge... to go back to serving on the sidelines instead of having to be the go-to for everything and commander in chief. But it's ok. I'm sure it's good for me to have to make firm decisions and all that good stuff. And things have gone so extremely well. It hasn't been insanely busy or stressful, and we have a ton of wonderful people who are very willing to help wherever they're needed.

It still seems so surreal. I go through the motions of getting things together and planning and setting up, but it feels like I'm helping plan for another person's wedding instead of my own. It's that weird "disconnected from your body" feeling... kinda like being in a fog. Still doesn't seem real that it's MY wedding!

But it's true. I'm getting married. To Lee. Whom I love and cherish and respect and all those wonderful things. God is so good and I have been blessed far above what I could ever deserve.
"Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over"
 Yeah. Wow. :)

2 comments:

  1. oh julia~
    i'm just so happy for you.
    we won't be able to come to the wedding but we will be thinking of you all day.
    we hope to see lots and lots and lots of photos :)
    enjoy your day....really enjoy it.
    we love you bunches~
    chas and family

    ReplyDelete