Monday, June 14, 2010

Rushing by...

Kilimanjaro International Airport. There are 4 "gates" - really fancy names for doors that all lead out to the same tarmac where no matter the size of the plane, you climb up the steps in the warm wind smelling of Africa.

Polished wooden floors squeak under my flip flops as I shift my feet and try to find the right words. But sometimes the most important times in life defy mere words.

Life flows along... a stream of events and words and people and places. Sometimes you just have to watch and appreciate.

They're about to start boarding and my fingers attempt to fly, but they are forced to walk. Time is ticking... and thoughts are too swift and too varied for fingers.

Change...

I never would have guessed that by age 22 I would have lived in Africa for 3 years and would now be traveling to Oklahoma to marry a man I am so in love with that it hurts. Never in a million years would I have guessed that. Not in three tries... not in a thousand guesses.

Life is funny. Unpredictable. And oh-so-good. Because God is Good. Savor it.

And catch the moments as they fly.


I fly...

photo © Julia Jensen

4 comments:

  1. I love you Jewels and am going to miss you oh so much. I already do. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Julia. There aren't words. Rushing forward to what your heart longs for while it tears in two at what it leaves behind. I love you all very much. I am praying, rejoicing and sending love to you and your family over the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this...*wipes tear* I love you.

    ReplyDelete